View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 15,679
Karma: 25900000
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by yJan1986 View Post
Oh, I don't doubt the functionality of your advices, but I thought more of an advice like "of course, you can modify calibre's behavior by visiting the settings pane..." Or "copy the EPUB_output.DLL of version 3.29 over your current installation files". Ain't there an easier way to change calibre's behaviour for EPUB's to pre-3.30 ways, that sounds like much manual work for me.

Can anyone tell me if this is unwanted calibre behavior as davidfor pointed out earlier, and how do I create chapters in the HTML form?


@theducks: unfortunately, I didn't get the way you performed your tasks. Could you elaborate on that with screenshots or a link to an FAQ?

@DNSB: the book in this screenshot ( https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sQ...iN6ry0WEsuX4n4 ) is my EPUB file, opened with sigil, that creates these problems. It has been converted from the HTML file to EPUB with calibre.

However, after the second time converting the file, EPUB to EPUB, Sigil complaints about "not well formed HTML", and the images in the file seem to have gone from the html.
Firstly, I did not say this was "unwanted calibre". I said this was a bug in the ereader software on your device and the Kobo devices that didn't handle the ToC properly when there was more than one ToC entry per internal file. And that the fix was to split those files.

As to fixing file, open the epub in the calibre editor, open the file with all the text. Right-click somewhere in the text and select "Split at multiple locations". On the dialog, use the drop-down to select the XPath that matches best with the headings you used. It is probably the one with "h1" in it. Then press the "Ok" button. The file will be split.

Alternatively, run the conversion again. This time, uncheck the "Do not split on page break" option that is on the "EPUB output" page of the conversion options. There might be another option that need to be changed, but that's the only one I can think of at the moment.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote