View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 08:46 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The only <div> in the entire docx to epub2 was wrapping the Calibre inserted cover.

There are a few <spans> which made sense, such as
Quote:
<span lang="ga">Tá Gaeilge an-líofa agam</span>,” replied Marion, thinking quickly.
It's good practice to mark blocks of non-default language correctly in the word-processor and the correct document default. That then is used by the spelling checker to use the correct dictionary (active custom dic are always used) and also generates the correct epub properties which are used for TTS.

Anyway, the edit Span & Divs plug-in only offers to convert <p to <div, not h2, so I temporarily changed the one <div> to <p> and did replace to <div matching the class only used for h2 with replace properties entire ticked. Then all </div> to </h2> and all <div to <h2.
You could use a regex with replacing the extra wild card content as a parameter.
Both epub checks passed.
Then I edited all the image css replacing pt (from LO) with 1.3333 times as many px, or a % and auto for larger images (all of which are in <p that no margins and a center property.)

Looks just like WP source, which I use a small page for. Paper version is edited from final for ebook by making a copy with headers, footers, page numbering, different page styles (front, body, chapter start, end matter etc), registration, page size, margins and revised fonts/sizes/margins/padding in paragraph styles to suit paper.
The big publisher way of doing a PDF first and then the ebook is back-to-front.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote