View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #10
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
See ==>> My antivirus program claims calibre is a virus/trojan?

Have you raised a support ticket with Avast?
Mike-> Yes.

I disinfect a dozen or more PCs a year. The majority of which are supposedly protected by the likes of avg, avast, trend micro, symantec etc, quite often the annual subscription version, but very few are supposedly protected by MSE.
Mike->There are objective testing services. MSE used to be pretty good but now is no better than average. I'd suggest folks read the reviews in things like PC Magazine and make their own decision.

I don't claim for a moment that this proves mse is 'less risky' than the others.

Instead, I suggest that mse users are less likely to click hither and thither, especially on email attachments which is where the worst of the malware comes from. In part at least, because they are not misled into a false sense of security by the often extravagant claims of the AV vendors.

The best AV is AC - Abundant Caution.

There was a time when I would say the best firewall was air - until WiFi came along

BR
Often the best firewall is a router...
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote