Thread: Seriousness The Covid Vaccination Poll
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 10:48 AM   #46
Jeff Duntemann
Enthusiast
Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jeff Duntemann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3; also Moto G Stylus phone
I'm 68 and got my first shot about ten days ago. Second shot appointment already obtained for the end of February. Arizona has already administered well over a million shots, and 313,000 here have received both shots, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services' dashboard. There are several vaccination sites in and around Phoenix/Scottsdale, most of them drive-thru. Some are operating literally around the clock; a friend my age got an appointment for 3:15 **AM**. We've been through the process twice, once for my wife and once for me. In both cases it was a well-oiled machine. Although the state will attempt to bill Medicare, there was no out-of-pocket for the shots.

I'm ordinarily suspicious of government at all levels, but I have to admit: Arizona is hell-bent on getting its population vaccinated. They're doing the over-65s right now. I don't know when eligibility for the next group begins. The rate at which the state can vaccinate people is limited by how quickly they can actually obtain the doses, so they aren't announcing eligibility for the next group until they know they've received enough to vaccinate the current group.

It's impressive how things have been run. If Arizona isn't the first state to vaccinate everyone, it should be damned close.