View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriakaice
And how long can you read on your Nokia 770? It's got quite bad reviews, according to Wikipedia. What's your opinion? It's about 100$ cheaper than N800, which is 770's successor (and is said to address issues in 770).
With WiFi off, the battery lasts at least 4 hours with relatively high screen brightness. The 770 got bad reviews in part because the reviewers did not understand the device. It isn't a PDA, but instead is primarily for Mobile Internet access (via a WiFi hot spot or via your internet-capable cell phone). The newer N800 is better at Internet access (e.g. a newer version of the Opera web browser) and generally more capable, but the Nokia 770 was already a "good enough" Internet Tablet and is very solidly made (so I think it is likely to be in good condition if bought used). For reading e-books, the 770 is probably better than the N800 because its keys are better placed for use while reading. The difference is small, and FBReader works well on both devices. For reviews, I suggest you look at amazon.com where it gets 4.5 stars. This only means that people who bought the 770 were happy with it - and I guess these are mostly tech. savey and understood what they were buying. The 770/N800 has a very enthusiastic user community, see Internet Tablet Talk for everything you might want to know about these devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote