View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:28 AM   #1265
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Thank you Mono.

I don't know. Only this: often I have to look all over the place to find a book, as in "Internal Storage" some appear in "My Books" -all only author's names- some in "Digital Editions", and some in "downloads." In "My Books" there's even a icon saying "Unknown" which also has a few books.

Maybe with the firmware I have it is possible to put all of them in one single list, and choose to have them all displayed by either title or author. Less confusion and easier to find things.

So far I've not been able to scribble in existing texts.

Looking something up -like a chapter- seems faster in a paper book. But I guess just typing in a key word -or a few- will also get one to the sought for text quite fast.

What I don't want is many options to have to choose from, I like to keep it as simple as possible. I don't need all of those extra things I see others seem to desire.

I feel a bit like a spoiled brat whining. When I buy a paper book I don't have any choice in size and type of fonts, nor the search for word function to find a particular paragraph or sentence.

For downloading books or texts I always use my laptop, and for writing/editing too. So basically I only need my e-reader for reading. It's less bulky and a lot lighter than my laptop, just like paper books are. And reading on an e-ink e-reader is so much less tiring to the eyes.

Last edited by Lode; 02-01-2013 at 04:53 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote