Thread: Troubleshooting Problem with pdf File
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I recently encountered a similar issue. It was with a book from the Internet Archive (legit PD). It viewed find in Acrobat Reader on WinXP but my K3 most pages displayed only the blank background "paper texture" image that was part of the scanned book. There were one or two images that displayed, but their text labels failed.

I printed the book from Acrobat Reader to a virtual printer that generates PDF files, PrimoPDF. The resulting book displays fine on my K3. It took a little trial and terror experimenting with the options in PrimoPDF to keep the file size from ballooning excessively while still maintaining readable text (its a scanned book).
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote