View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 10:34 PM   #27
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
There are a lot of subtleties to the issue . . .
I'm missing the subtle part.

They don't offer any Amazon publishing titles to public libraries. Nothing subtle there.

University presses used to be just as bad, but once in a while they lately allow a title to go to Overdrive.

The Bezos-owned Washington Post is widely available, on computers and tablets but not eReaders, to public library patrons (in Pennsylvania, it comes through Gale OneFile News). That's the only subtlety I see, and it's not much a subtlety to realize that Bezos personally does not equal Amazon. (I subscribe anyway, for greater convenience, and because of being grandfathered into a good price.)
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote