Thread: Remarkable 2
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #18
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 7, Likebook 7, Tolino 7, Kobo 5, Kindle 3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I have also been looking into this device as it would replace my Kindle/iPad for reading and allow me to take notes. My biggest concern is how it may handle the metadata when I port books from Calibre to the Rm2. I realize that this is NOT marketed as an e-reader but it would be good to know this upfront especially when it comes to series keeping them in order. I am going to wait until more people have the device and make my decision at that point. For those that have ordered - please post your impressions after you have had time to play with it.
When used as a reader, I would prefer Boox or Likebook devices.
The software from Boox enables notes in all ebook formats that can be displayed by the NeoReader, those from Likebook only in pdf.
Calibre Companion can be installed on the devices of both manufacturers, so that you can move on the device as in Calibre.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-23-2020 at 12:39 PM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote