View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 02:49 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraven View Post
I will give Marvin SxS a try this weekend. I've been using Apple Books as a fallback and it's... annoying.
Highly recommend starting over with a clean slate when you do (don't restore from Marvin 3 backup).

If you have Dropbox, maybe create a folder with just a handful ebooks and use the "Download everything" option to load the test folder into Marvin SxS on your various devices. This would ensure ebooks are 100% identical and have the same MD5 hash. I believe Marvin uses the MD5 hash as the unique identifier for books.

Alas, Calibre's OPDS/HTTP server updates metadata on the ebooks it sends to devices. Hence, it's possible downloading via Calibre might break proper identification of the book. Marvin does try to do fuzzy searches based on title but who knows if iOS 15 broke that feature.

Mind, if you're interested in investigating, the Marvin backup is a simple ZIP file and the Marvin database is just SQLite. Exported Marvin format bookmarks/annotations are simply zipped JSON files.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote