View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil Plugins (for Sigil 0.7xx Alpha)

Thought I'd start a separate thread for plugin's that can be used with the latest 0.7.700 Alpha build of Sigil. No use clogging up that thread with questions/suggestions about the plugins themselves. If that doesn't make sense, one of the mods could merge this with the other thread if they like.

Anyway. I have an updated version of the KindleImport plugin. In addition to being able to unpack/open the KF8 sections of files, it also takes a pretty serious stab at opening the older style mobi-only files (thanks to KevinH for contributions/suggestions on that front). Also, if the original source package is a part of the file (think kindlegen output) and the original source is an epub, then the plugin will open that instead of using the unpacked version.

* Please note that there's some atrociously bad markup in many older mobi files (even retail ones), so while the plugin tries its best to whip that markup into some semblance of validity, it's still in your best interest to allow Sigil to correct any issues it may detect upon first opening. *

I'm also attaching a Punctuation smartening plugin. It's basically the same plugin as the one I did for calibre's editor, but modified to work with Sigil. It gives you a little more granular control over the SmartyPants engine and adds the ability to define an apostrophe exceptions file for words like ('tis and such). Simply put one word per line (without the apostrophe) in a text file and it will give those words the proper apostrophe instead of a left (opening) single quote.

** Because of a temporary situation with the Sigil Python 2.7 plugin framework, this plugin won't currently work with files whose names happen to have a space in them in Sigil's book browser (even if they show up as being url-quoted in the OPF). A fix has been found and is pending.**

EDIT: also going to attach a sample apostrophe exceptions file. Be cautious that you don't include something that could be a word in its own right that just happens to follow a single quote.

EDIT 2: Removing older plugin attachments since they won't work properly with the v0.8.0 release of Sigil as packaged.
Attached Files
File Type: txt apos_exceptions.txt (130 Bytes, 312 views)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-27-2014 at 05:17 PM.