View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurne View Post
The change I am proposing is to allow the calibre GUI to interface with a remote database, possibly through calibredb, as the desktop GUI is quite powerful and intuitive.

Just to confirm, so I don't duplicate planned functionality, this is not the feature that will be present in the next release?
It is in fact what is referenced in the TODO which BetterRed linked, as:

Quote:
(2) is preferable in terms of features/functionality, but is much harder to implement in a performant and semantically correct manner.
As far as I am aware, Kovid has no current plans implementing either one, hence why it is dropped unceremoniously into the TODO until he can figure out what to do with them.
It's a bit of a challenging issue as indicated... if you can implement this I'm sure lots of people will be quite interested.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote