View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #77
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Interesting - what do you use to generate your FB2 files? I use BookDesigner and it doesn't seem to add any unusal markup that CR can't handle. I believe OOoFBTools also does a decent job. Some of th other converters I'm not so sure about. I have had no success with the Calibre FB2 output.
I also use Book Designer to build FB2 files. I use it to create an FB2 and an HTML file from my original source material. I use the HTML output of BD as the input to Sigl to create an EPUB file. OI and FBReader has always handled both those files just fine for me. I only run into CoolReader problems with *some* files and it is usually a problem with a character that can not be displayed with CoolReaders character set. When I find CoolReader skipping paragraphs, I have to load the FB2 file into a text editor and find the character that caused CoolReader to abort the paragraph. I can then do a global search and replace to replace the offending character with one that CoolReader will accept. I do not have any such problems with FBReader. I am stuck using CoolReader with the Hanlin V5, but with my Hanlin V3 running OpenInkpot I have no problems with FBReader, so that is my preferred reader at the moment. FBReader also has an advantage for me in that it can be configured with a popup menu in OI, so I do not need the extra step of making an FB2.css in in the .crengine folder like I need to do to get CoolReader to work the way that I want it to.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote