View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #30
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugor View Post
Thanks for your reply, MarekGibek. I have already download your linux image, it is wonderful for my Kobo. what I hope most is the dual boot as Android image you made. can you give me some advice?

Hi Haugor! It should be fairly easy. As you can see my Linux image had some kind of boot menu (Linux works in chroot environment so the kernel is shared), but has old Kobo software.

After upgrading Kobo software the only thing that doesn't work is this boot menu. It's because it's written in Python and python binaries used are not compatible with newer kobo software. Hence this thread - it's about how to make Python working with newer software.

But you can search the forum for alternative kobo menu apps. There a few developed here. Apps that allow you to choose if you want to boot to nickel or koreader should work for you.

All you need to have the Linux working is:
- my kernel (changed for screen updates)
- copy of the folder with linux

And the way to start the chroot env:
- my changes in init (startup) rc.d script
- some menu run on startup to choose if you want to start nickel or chroot
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote