View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #32
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleing View Post
There are times and locations where being caught with "unapproved" reading material can have disastrous consequences. Just a few months ago in Portland Oregon a young man was beaten bloody because he was carrying an American flag during a public demonstration. It isn't hard to imagine what would happen to someone seen in a nearby coffee shop reading the "wrong" book, or was included on a list circulated by those who oppose some particular viewpoint.

It isn't about hiding from Amazon, Kobo or Bank of America - it is about being free to read anything which interests an individual without having to look over one's shoulder while doing so.
I'm not at all bothered if my internet company knows my search history, which can be quite weird and gruesome when I'm researching ideas for a novel.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote