View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnGoat View Post
As far as my search, for what indexing would look like on a Kindle, conducts indexing would only happen after registering/setting up the Kindle. ...
The indexing I am referring to is the word search index creation that the Kindle does every time a new book is added and every time a change is made to the "My Clippings.txt" file (e.g. setting a manual bookmark, adding a note, ...). To tell if there is a background indexing process ongoing you simply do a Search from the Home screen, searching for some unfindable string (e.g. "qwqwqw", ...). The Kindle will, after a pause, report the number of hits (zero in this case) and will note the number of as yet unindexed documents.

If a number other than zero unindexed documents is reported highlight that number and click to get a list of the unindexed documents. Delete these documents before attempting a firmware update.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote