View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
Winter
Enthusiast
Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Asus EeePC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm sure a lot of what's being mentioned in that article has to do with the fact that UK publishers charge a higher list price for their books than US publishers.
Not really, it seems to be the same thing, from the Guardian's quotes -- $9.99 list price plus $1.99 fee, plus 15% VAT, equals approximately $13.75. I don't know where the extra $0.24 is going, but it doesn't seem to match the higher list prices Amazon is throwing up in their own defence. Moreover, if it was just additional VAT being charged rather than this questionable fee, we'd end up with total prices around $11.50.

I think $9.99 is already ridiculously high for an ebook, but I'd say $11.50 is less of a kick in the teeth than $13.99.

Quote:
Still doesn't explain it in your particular case (with a US publisher) though. Was your email to general Amazon support or Kindle support? I just hate those canned responses that don't even really answer what's being asked.
It was general Amazon support. God knows I tried, but I couldn't find any Kindle-specific contact information on their help pages.

Regards,
Ryan
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote