View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #41826
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just emailed TP-link about a travel router.

I bought the TL-WR810N last year, which is not only a router, access point and range extender but is also able to be set up as a wifi hotspot when traveling (use one log-in for multiple devices and be able to use with Chromecast). I wasn't able to set it up when I tried in Newcastle last year, but thought I was making a mistake. With my upcoming vacation in November I decided to figure it out tonight. And it turns out TP-Link removed the hotspot option on the European version.

Not a huge problem, in our house a portable range extender and access point is always handy. After some research I found another wifi hotspot router available in the Netherlands. Again made by TP-Link. According to the manual and Dutch website you should be able to set it up as a hotspot. But just to be safe I emailed them to ask if this is correct. One can only use so many access point/range extenders, even in our thick walled house.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote