View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #520
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjallenupthehill View Post
I know how inspiration works, but you never, ever take something and copy it so that it looks almost exactly the same. If I did that with a building, I would be sued - no question.
Rose Center for Earth and Space, opened 2000:

Apple's Upper West Side store, opened 2009:

And Apple had the nerve to patent the UWS store design.

Frank Lloyd Wright, Le Corbusier, and Mies van der Rohe never patented their architecture. But somehow, Apple feels the need to patent a design that's highly derivative of I.M Pei's Louvre entrance and the Rose Center!

--Pat