View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneb View Post
I love my ipad mini but I find there is one major set back in the mini for me, even if I agree with all your points Schulzmc: no shared file! If you want to use another app than ibook to read, you have to think ahead and charge the books in itune in each app you will need them.
And copy them 3 times if there is 3 apps you might need...It's absurd.

On the go, you might need to switch app because ibook doesn'do much execpt open and read...I would like to be able to open an app and go take the book I need from the ibook file, on the mini. That would be logical. That's what you do on a Android tablet as a matter of fact.
While I agree that the application sand-boxing and lack of shared files/folders is annoying, there are workarounds to having to pre-load books via iTunes to different apps. I just store my ebooks on Dropbox and use the "Open In..." functionality in the Dropbox app. Of course, it does require either an active internet connection or that you have starred the file in the Dropbox so you have an offline copy. It's still inefficient in terms of storage space (e.g. you might have a copy of the same book in Dropbox, iBooks and Bluefire) but unless Apple relaxes its policies, it's a decent enough workaround.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote