View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser16 View Post
Hello,
I have been surfing the forums here and found plenty of documentation on how to unlock a kindle touch. Unfortunately for me, nearly every one of them has been assuming the condition that the user's Kindle Touch has already been unlocked for use with USB mode. The guides that I found that explained how to put your Kindle into USB mode are made for Windows users. This is yet another hurdle in my path to converting/jailbreaking my STORE DEMO KINDLE TOUCH into a useable version because I own a Mac computer.
Is there any chance that somebody out there has information that can steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
Read the "simple debricking" sticky thread for ideas. Jailbreaking can only be done AFTER debricking.

Check out this thread for getting 3G working after debricking:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195975

There is a Mac version of fastboot. There is also a cross-platform imx_usb_loader tool that can be used instead of the windows-specific MfgTool. Or you can run MfgTool in a VM.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-13-2014 at 12:17 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote