View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo1978 View Post
Thanks eLink!!!!!
I want a big ereader for academic papers (Ph.D), most in pdf and djvu, all types: image base, 2 colums, pdf create w/ latex, etc. What I want is an e-ink w/ a lot of zoom options and a decent software. Annotaion is not that important for me but, just want to read w/ some the divice that handle almost everything. (Converting pdf to mobi like i been doing takes too much time w/ mixed results) I thought of the KDX to have it synchronize w/ my KT, but now i'm more incline to the Onyx M92!
Well, actually out of the box the Kindle is not a great device (for your needs).
But thanks to the efforts of community, it is quite decent now.

Armed with Doukan or (my favorite) kpdfviewer, you would be able to meet all your needs (at least those described).

What those additional applications are not able to solve, is the inherent sluggishness of the e-ink devices.

P.S.: I am satisfied with the speed but not quite happy.

Last edited by eLiNK; 05-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote