View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
mutant_matt
Enthusiast
mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.mutant_matt can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thumbs up

Many Thanks for your (prompt) reply! It was very useful to me.

From reading all the threads I mentioned, it looks like you can manually put the firmware updates on the device over USB (or even Telnet/ftp, if you go that way), if you need/want to change the firmware version!?

Also, I have a dual bootable box with Windows on it if I *really* need it (don't hardly ever use that), or Windows inside a VM when that suits, plus I run the occasional Windows app under Wine (plus I can run the native .deb linux desktop app if need be). Lots of options, if need be

Do the "free" books, you mention, come as Adobe DRM encumbered, like the usual pay-for books? Just worth knowing, to balance up if "free" is worth it. The registration/warranty stuff isn't required, at least in the EU, where you get a manufactures 2 year warranty by law, and that doesn't involve having to register it, just requires proof of purchase. ASDA and WHSmith here in the UK (the main sellers) also are usually pretty good with customer service/returns.

Thanks again,

Matt (now to find the best deal for purchase)
mutant_matt is offline   Reply With Quote