View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #9
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Aha, so I was close with my guess
Of course, I was clearer than pure water... hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Sounds good. Do you want to add a plug-in mechanism to the firmware components or how do you to accomplish this?
I will be closely following your progress.
something simpler, write .vala code, compile to C and compile these C addons with the original firmware.

I've been travelling this week and had no much time to hack on this, but I'll publish new and improved versions of SysInfo and Icons tools soon.
Besides their own merits as useful applications, they also served me to learn vala.
All of you can look at the sources, if you are familiar with C, C++, C# or Java you will be able to write vala programs in almost no time.

My next plan is to modify popupmenu to add 2 new entries and release a new version of DR800+:
- Go to Programs
- System Information
They are not directly related to this vala work, but I think they are interesting for DR800+ (or perhaps even Mackx's additions).
"System Information" will run sysinfo binary as an external program, so "sysinfo" will be copied to /usr/bin when installing DR800+. I also consided the alternative to add the generated .c code to popupmenu and be part of popupmenu core, but I think it's better it remains an external app.

Long term idea is to hack on ctb:
- nowdays when you enter into "Books" or "Recently Added" virtual folders, all the books are extracted from the DB, so it's very slow if you have lots of books. My idea is to only query for next "page" (SQLite admits LIMIT and OFFSET)
- add a "Recently opened" virtual folder to HOME
- improve view sorting in Books folder, maybe adding sort modes as icons to the toolbar at the bottom

What do you think?

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote