View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post van Dine, S.S.: Philo Vance Omnibus Vol 1. v2. 2nd Apr 2014

An omnibus edition of the first six "Philo Vance" mystery stories of S.S. van Dine, a pen-name of the American art critic and author Willard Huntington Wright (1888-1939). Although little known today, the Philo Vance books were extremely popular in the 1920s and 30s, and were later adapted for film and radio.

The books in the omnibus are:
  • The Benson Murder Case (1926)
  • The Canary Murder Case (1927)
  • The Greene Murder Case (1928)
  • The Bishop Murder Case (1928)
  • The Scarab Murder Case (1930)
  • The Kennel Murder Case (1933)

These are "traditional" murder stories, with an erudite detective, lots of maps and diagrams, innumerable footnotes explaining details, and so on. Excellent books.

All these books have been posted previously (by myself) as separate books, but this omnibus edition is much better formatted. Volume 2 to follow, containing books 7-12 of the series.

Enjoy!

Important Note

This books is in the "life+70" public domain, but is NOT in the US public domain. Please, therefore, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT if you are in the United States. Thank you.

02-04-2014 v2
Completely revised and proof-read. Straight quotes converted to curly quotes. Innumerable minor errors corrected. I would now regard this as a finished product: please let me know if you find even the smallest remaining error.

Previous download count: 420

Last edited by HarryT; 04-02-2014 at 09:55 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote