Thread: Aura KA1 best firmware
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #15
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
4.8.10956 by far. It has basically none of the bugs from the previous versions, faster screen updates, better touch accuracy, working stats, none of the USB issues, and the new Page Flip feature to top it all off. I didn't know how much I needed the new Page Flip feature until I tried it. Unless you hate the new homescreen, I would absolutely recommend this version. It was well worth the wait for me.
Hm... if the reading stats can still be reset if necessary as said above, I'll try this firmware. I'll keep 4.6.9995 as a backup, as for me, that firmware just works. If there are any problems, they are in parts I'm not using.

===

For people wanting to know the accuracy of the To Read Time stats: it's perfectly accurate. Today I hit a chapter for which the KA1 (on firmware 4.6.9995) estimated exactly an hour of reading time. I read the chapter, and it did take me exactly one hour (and two minutes to put up some water and pour a cup of coffee). It is -only- accurate if stats are working and recording though, so the reading can calculate your average reading speed over time. If it can't due to broken or disabled stats, it just uses 'some' average that never changes, which in my case, is too fast as I take more time than the TRT estimates.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote