Thread: Aura KA1 best firmware
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 02:18 AM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoer View Post
Thank you
You might want to consider that the Aura One is not supported by the first 3 versions listed. AFAIR, it shipped with 4.0.7523 while the Aura One LE shipped with 4.7.10365. Trying to use an earlier version of the firmware is going to have you searching for "How do I factory reset my Kobo" -- if you are lucky.

My suggestion would be to wait a bit until the next firmware update is released, likely at the same time as the new Clara HD is released. While the current latest firmware is quite solid, support for book statistics has gone missing in action.

You may want to keep in mind that I use my ereader as an ereader. I use the web browser on occasion to test connections to my calibre content server but that's about it. Otherwise, it's suck the ebooks into calibre, update the metadata and covers, convert if needed, check for errors using FlightCrew and/or epubcheck and send them to my ereader using a USB connection. The only exception is borrowing library books where I will make use of the KA1's Overdrive integration. Since I don't worry about the lifetime of a library book, this is acceptable to me -- no DRM removal, no backups, no worries.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote