View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 02:28 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightjar View Post
Ok, after quite a long time I still haven't found a solution, so I have made a sample template based on the Epub3 standard template we created from scratch. It is 100% valid with both EPUBCheck 5.0.0 and Ace by DAISY. CSS3 is also valid, with the exception of a minor sets of hyphens warnings.
Our pre-publication tests usually include checking ebooks with:

* Adobe Digital Editions v.4.5.11
* Apple iPad
* Apple Books (macOS)
* Kindle Paperwhite 2022
* Kindle Fire HD 7"
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

This is the current situation:

ePub3 -> SendtoKindle -> Kindle reader: Publisher fonts missing (although the reader reports them as active)
ePub3 -> Sideload via USB -> Kindle reader (documents folder): File not recognized
KP3 generated mobi (.mobi+.azw3) -> SendtoKindle -> Kindle reader: Publisher fonts missing (although the reader reports them as active)
KP3 generated mobi (.mobi+.azw3) -> Sideload via USB -> Kindle reader: Publisher fonts OK

All other non-Kindle readers are working 100%, displaying content with the correct custom fonts.

It seems that the only way to get a Kindle reader recognize our custom fonts is to create a .mobi+.azw3 package through Kindle Previewer 3 and to upload this file via USB.

So, there seems to be no way to send an ePub3 file to any Kindle reader while retaining the custom fonts, as it seems they are being stripped out using SendtoKindle or the file can't be recognized if sideloaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I enclose my sample ePub3 file.

Thanks!
Jesus wept! Do you really use all those fonts? IN the file? Every single one?

And, on an unrelated topic, why are you using that article CSS throughout? That's not meant for ongoing content; it's meant for independently distributable content, like...like an article or blog piece inside something else, that's being individually called out. You have it around every single paragraph? Or damn near all. Why?

(lastly, also, px does not work worth a damn, for indentation and margins, in Kindle ePubs, just so you know.)

DO let us know if you really use all those fonts, please. There is a reason I am asking.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote