View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #22
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
being an Iliad user, have you started implementing these features or are you still far away?
I'm an Iliad user since about a week.
I subscribed to my newspaper (www.taz.de) as zipped html/pdf a week ago and I read it on the iLiad. There's room for improvement but it works good.
The weekly newspaper I'm subscribed (www.zeit.de) only has a massive (120MB) PDF-Edition yet, so it's not usable, yet - especially without reflowing and stuff.

I read Charles Stross' "Accellerando" Novel on my iLiad within some days. I formatted it using PDF-LaTeX within 30 Minutes and it was a very good reading experience though it's about 400 pages a about 40 lines.
And it's one of the best novels I read within the last decade.

I bought some non DRM-encumbered PDF-books of the "Pragmatic Programmers" during the last years and I use them on the iLiad. One of them ("Agile Web Development with Ruby on Rails") has been updated 3 times within the last week and just downloading the new edition to my iLiad was exactly the reason why i bought the device. It works perfectly.

Some days ago I took the minutes on the iLiad in a multi hour meeting of a organisation I work for in my sparetime.
When I got home I just copied the 38 Pages png-files to my Powerbook, typed the extract and sent it by email with the original notes. Smooth!

I'm very happy with the device, It became an essential tool within a week.

AND I spent a lot of the time sitting outside in the sun instead of reading inside on a notebook-display. This is VERY convenient.

#!chris

Last edited by k2r; 10-27-2006 at 08:02 PM.
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote