View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #103
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Some observations and questions:

- if your iPad still works, then why not use it? I still used to use my old iPad 3 until recently.

- what apps are you planning to use?

- some apps can use wifi (on your iPad) to connect to calibre or the app on your ipad can be connected through a browser. Epubs etc can be transferred over wifi.

It mostly depends on what ereader app you plan to use (if possible). Hopefully old versions of the app are still available. Regrettably Stanza isn't.

NB: I just tested all this with:
- calibre (latest) on debian jessie
- marvin epub reader on iPad 1 (!!!! found one under some dust !!!!)
- connected from marvin to calibre (set up Content server on calibre) worked with website and opds view.
- if marvin works then most probably some other epubreader apps will work as well (for example shubook) if you can find them in the app store.

Last edited by mariosipad; 07-30-2018 at 09:49 AM.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote