View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 01:40 AM   #7
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
with that scenario, its best to complete delete the amazon "purchase" - from their cloud, for any free app., once you have the better version working from google. To avoid that dance of each app store trying to update apps from the other store
you cant completely stop the nags, but amazon auto update should fail on a "signature changed" error and not actually overwrite I see that daily with my plex app from google and my sideloaded netflix HD app, i just ignore the nags.

in the other direction - you can flag an app from google to not auto update on a device. so i can stop google from overwriting the amazon alexa , and amazon drive apps
I don't get free apps from Amazon that are available for free from Google. I was referring to the paid apps from Amazon that are a complete rip off when they are no longer updated. I refuse to pay for an from a developer who will not keep a paid app up to date on Amazon. I will buy a different app from Google. I will not reward a developer for what I consider fraud.

I don't have either the Amazon app store or Google auto update any apps since they frequently change things so that I can no longer use the app. Like tapatalk removing the ability to change the font size.

I don't currently see anywhere in the Amazon app store on android settings to not auto update, but they used to have it. Since my apps don't auto update and I see people complain that theirs do I wonder why mine don't.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote