View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #38
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The back of the device doesn't need protection - it's made of anodised aluminium, which very tough stuff. My iPhone, which has a case made from the same material, has been in my pocket, without a cover, along with coins, keys, etc, for over three years, and there's not a mark on it. What needs protection is the screen, which the cover does protect very well.
That probably explains why cell phones with the rubber cases that protect the back, and the corners, never have broken screens. Of course, they do.

I won't be considering an Oasis until there is a case in which I have confidence. I wouldn't mind if it came from Amazon Kindle. In the short time I had the Oasis before returning it, I found two things I liked. One was the ability to made the system font larger and the other was the battery level reading out in percentage. Both are relatively minor but I liked them. One thing I did not like at all was the Oasis would not go into any pocket I have on my baggy clothes. My Paperwhite slips into my lower shirt pocket on my guayabera shirt and into my pants pocket. I don't usually carry it in either pocket but I do in some situations and would not like having to keep the Kindle in my hand or take the time to put it in my backpack.
patrickt is online now   Reply With Quote