View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm astonished that this hasn't generated more excitement -- we've been belly-aching about not being able to read e-ink in the dark, and someone finally is working on a front-lit e-ink display, and it's greeted with the sort of enthusiasm usually reserved for visits by relatives you don't hate, but don't really like either. What's up with that? Everybody sleeping out there or something?

I'm pretty excited that E-Ink is pushing ahead with larger displays too, but the prospect of, say, a PRS-510 that has a front-light built in is a big deal -- that's one of the biggest perceived lacks in the present e-ink devices.

I'd also love to see an e-ink ring watch, since I evidently can't get an atomic clock receiver chip put in my head.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote