View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolignani View Post
But I use several different machines (accessing my book collection via the web server) and changing file associations in everyone of them would be a bit of a nuisance. I better go using different archive formats or inserting some other files.
Understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
To understand some testing might be in order. In the example cited an extra file might not help. Using 7zip to give your files a .7z ext might be the safest method.

The problem with spoofing a zip or rar by adding an extraneous file so that it does not conform to Calibre's normal usage of zips and rars is:- how will you know at glance that you did that on a case by case basis; whereas if its another archive type, eg 7z, it will be quite obvious.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote