View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #104
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHicks View Post
I'm one of the few people out there that doesn't have HBO, I think, so it's been killing me that this show is on and I can't see it! I love the books, so we'll definitely be getting the Blu-rays when they come out.

I am currently re-reading the series to get ready for the release of the latest book. I'm about halfway thru the first book, and am kind of having a hard time. As some of you mentioned, GRRM has no problem killing off main characters. So I'll read a bit and then know what's coming for someone and have to stop. I keep telling Mike, I love the books, but there's so much mayhem and destruction ahead that I have an awful time reading them because I know how many people are going to get killed. UGH! lol

That being said, I can't wait for the new book, to see how my fave characters are developed. I can't wait to see what happens with Danaerys, Jon Snow, Arya and Bran. Just gotta stay strong and get thru all of the destruction and death in between!
Something I've tried when this happened to me, was to go to the table of contents and read the book through just reading the point of view of a single character. The chapters are headed by character names so it's easy to do. It sort of gives you a view of what's happening as far as that character knows.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote