View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #45
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Pie have you considered making a windows executable with py2exe?
Thanks kovid, I'll definitely look into this. Because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well, the way python installs and sets itself up, you have to type the path to python in a Windows command prompt to callthe python command as it's not made part of the path. So for people who do not know the command line well enough, this will be an issue and adding the extention will fix this for them. I say to just do it let the linux/MAC people deal.
Turns out renaming with .py won't work at all at this point. This is because I named the library "pielrf"... and when you run "pielrf.py" and it tells python to look for the pielrf library, python looks in the current directory first, finding "pielrf.py" ... the executable you just ran. All sorts of mayhem ensues.

You're absolutely right about this being an important "feature," as it does make the Windows execute with python without having to know any path rigamarole. I'll figure out a solution, but it's going to have to wait until my next release (renaming the library, for example, is more than I want to do this time around).

At this point, I'm going to post a test download so I can check out the .zip file, and after I get that checked out, I'll post the current, and long-delayed, update.

-Pie

PS I can see why you want Linux/Mac people to deal... Poor windows users have to deal all the time, and they get really tired of it... or so I hear. Kidding.... Kidding...
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote