View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:31 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There's definitely something very nice about reading from a larger screen, especially at home, where portability isn't an issue. Reading on my iRex DR1000S is much like reading a hardback book (the page area is pretty much the same); it's especially nice when the book has a lot of illustrations or maps.

Of course, they won't replace smaller-screen devices for portability (unless "roll-out" screens, such as the Readius, ever become a practical commercial proposition).
Exactly Harry, I have the same plan as you, I am getting my 5" recreational/novel reader but I NEED for work/business a large format reader that has some sort of color panel. And I need that for a variety of reasons reading color is not the only need there.

Right now I am giving the Entourage Edge a third, fourth or fifth look trying to decide how I can work around my genuine need for Win7 on a device. My business apps must run under Win7 (well Windows of some flavor anyway). Of course I could so some sort of remote run on my PC sort of thing, like VNC or whatever, over my network but I have yet to find one of those which works at a speed I am happy with. It is always the video updates that bog the work down. But I am just really and I mean REALLY liking the dual nature of the darned thing.

And the estimate of 16hrs as an ebook only reader is more than enough battery life for me since this device would likely never be more than 20ft from an outlet...even in my vehicle as I have a full inverter setup there.

I also really appreciate that this $490 device has a Wacom digitizer under the eink panel/side of the device.

I think I might stay up another hour or so and see what I might be able to manage workflow wise...and I really need to look at exactly what is out there for Android.

maybe all the time I spent reading and searching of everyone's hard work at CES might turn up a solution after all...

Oh, btw soon as my K1 gets down to me from the Seattle house it's going on eBay so I can fund my PB360... We have the K2 now soooo, I can have a nice simply reader to complement whatever large format reader floats to the top of the pile.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote