Thread: impfind
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
I also don't know how it wil handle truly large numbers of files. I didn't test it with more than about 50.
I can confirm that the GUI works with 4000+ .imp files and takes about a minute to sort when the column header is clicked (on a P4 2.0 GHz single CPU WinXP computer-a dinosaur, but still very powerful! )

Searching, after the inital load, takes no more than 10 seconds.

BTW, a few comments/requests (if you are still developing this tool):

(1) can the viewer button be placed on the Book Shelf tab as well?
(2) can you make the Path pane sortable too like Category, Title, Author and Type?
(3) can each successive header click toggle the sort order/direction between ascending and descending.

~~~~

OK, personal favour time. How do I start adding a Tk GUI to an existing .pl script that I have; do I create the GUI part using an editor?

Any tips you may have would be helpful-linux or windows!

BTW, I found this code for Tk Tag (an MP3 ID3 tag editor) and would like to extend it to a .imp meta header editor! But where do I start...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote