View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #1277
lkstrummer
Enthusiast
lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony Daily Edition PRS-950SC
Kobo Touch's poor PDF support is incredibly frustrating. I've waited nearly a year since I purchased an Aura HD for Kobo to implement some of the changes we have asked for on this and other forums. So far, they've adopted none as of Firmware 3.1.1. So, once again:

1) Do away with the standard page information bar at the bottom of the screen when the user chooses the vertical fill option. Many, nearly all, PDFs already have page data within the page. This one is a particular head-scratcher since the Horizontal fill page view option DOES do away with the page data at the bottom of the screen.

2) Make the zoom function more user-friendly. Right now, we have to goldilocks it between too big and too small to find our sweet spot for our particular document. The default preset + and - increments of 50% are waaaaay too high to be usable. Furthermore, we have to navigate to our preferred zoom setting using the ridiculously unstable zoom bar. The touch feature on the current kobos is NOT good enough for a feature like a zoom bar. Future Touches need an input where we can actually enter a numerical value for our preferred zoom level.

3) Zoom and lock
Zoom and lock
Zoom and lock
Zoom and lock

4) Do away with the left and right page turn scroll arrows. The annoying page turn arrows cause the user to scroll the contents to the entire screen at ANY zoom setting currently, even when the zoom setting doesn't cause the document to overfill horizontally. Some users might prefer this option so I won't harp on it too much. But, suffice to say, for my needs a zoom and lock funtion would negate how kobo treated page scrolling and page turns when zoomed in.

5) REMEMBER MY ZOOM SETTING FOR MY DOCUMENT BETWEEN USES!!!!

We all know that Kobo does read these forums. Please, let's all be vocal about these issues if you believe that Kobo addressing these issues would enhance usability. Thank you.
lkstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote