View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #100
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
ok, I received aceflor's files, and there's nothing obviously wrong, nothing weir in etc/upstart, and so on.

It still strikes me that the device automatically mounts the diags partition to /mnt/mmc. Anyway, here is the /etc/fstab:
Code:
/dev/mmcblk0p1    /             ext3   suid,exec,auto,nouser,async,rw,noatime,nodiratime 0      1
proc              /proc         proc   defaults                                          0      0
sysfs             /sys          sysfs  defaults                                          0      0
devpts            /dev/pts      devpts defaults,gid=5,mode=620                           0      0
usbfs             /proc/bus/usb usbfs  defaults                                          0      0
/dev/loop/0       /mnt/base-us  vfat   defaults,noatime,nodiratime,utf8,noexec,shortname=mixed              0      0
/dev/mmcblk1p1    /mnt/base-mmc vfat   defaults,noatime,nodiratime,utf8,noexec,shortname=mixed              0      0
fsp#/mnt/base-us  /mnt/us       fuse   rw,max_write=65536,max_readahead=65536,noatime,exec,nosuid,nodev,nonempty     0      0
fsp#/mnt/base-mmc /mnt/mmc      fuse   rw,max_write=65536,max_readahead=65536,noatime,exec,nosuid,nodev,nonempty     0      0
Can anybody enlighten me about what is really happening there? Like, what is mmcblk1p1, why is it vfat, and what are those weird fsp# format all about?

And of course: how can that explain that actually, /dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted at /mnt/mmc after a normal boot? And that the diags partition is empty?

Oh aceflor, what on earth have you done to your poor device?
mmcblk1p1 most probably should be [micro]SD card. I know Kindle has no SD card slot. But maybe some development prototype has a SD card slot and this record in /etc/fstab was left by accident. Or maybe next customer-available Kindle (with next-next firmware 5.5.0) will have SD card slot and this possibility is tested with 5.3.0 on development prototypes.

fsp#<...> means mounting with the help of /sbin/fsp which stands for "Filesystem Proxy", uses FUSE and, I beleive, targets at pausing accidental file operations when userstore is accessible from computer (i.e. Kindle is connected to computer through USB).

So maybe /dev/mmcblok0p2 parition isn't diags parition anymore? Maybe it's empty parition and it was already intentionally empty right after producing the device (and before aceflor got it)?
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote