Thread: Calibre 1.0?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Actually, I dont care about particular features in 1.0. As far as I am concerned calibre will hit 1.0 when I feel like enough features have accumulated since 0.9.0 to justify a major version bump. Feature and stability wise, calibre could have been called 1.0 years ago.

I could just as well go to 0.10, but the advantage with 1.0 is at least there will be no more questions about when calibre will reach 1.0

My development style is not really roadmap driven. I just work on stuff when the urge moves me. When enough stuff accumulates, the major version number ticks over.
Maybe you should think of leaving the '0' alltogether, that way you're on version 9.8 now
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote