View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
The Apple driver uses app automation to add and delete books to iTunes and modify metadata. The available APIs do not expose any functionality to do file IO with iOS apps other than iBooks. If anyone's interested, you can review the exposed functionality by opening AppleScript (on a Mac) and then opening the dictionary for iTunes.

So itimpi is correct, it's still not possible to talk to other iOS apps through the Apple device driver. At least I don't know how one would do it, and I haven't heard of any other apps doing it.

G
There are programs that do allow you to view the contents of an iOS device. So it might be possible to find out if adding the ePub to the correct directory might be all that is needed.

The problem here is that I do not use iBooks because I find the margins to be too large with no way to fix that. ON an iPhone, it's just plain stupid. So if there is a way to find out how to move a book to Bluefire, that would be much appreciated.