View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #22
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
suse studio reports that the image is 1.6GB uncompressed, so I may need to trim the fat. susestudio can automagically build USB, DVD, CD (if size allows) isos and even VM images if needed.
I think there is lot of useless stuff in the image (applications) that could be left behind.

Quote:
As for the update mechanism,I believe that Opensuse uses yum, so a repo could be maintained... Since there's extra space on my "debricking links" OpenShift cartridge, I could put it there...
OpenSUSE doesn't use yum but zypper (superior IMHO), anyway the repository structure is the same.

Quote:
Maybe susestudio isn't the way to go If we want more control over the contents of the image and removing the chaff...
Quite the opposite - SUSE Studio together with OpenSUSE Build Service (OBS) is the ideal solution here.
OBS builds the packages for you and then puts them in an OBS repository. All is included. When creating the SUSE Studio image, you can add your OBS repo to it and all the packages it contains. Every time the image is built, it contains the latest versions of your packages.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote