View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I don't see how it could be enforceable myself. I mean take something like a car for example. If you buy it, you own it. And if you decide later to customize it by getting it repainted or changing out the cassette deck/radio for a CD player then that is your right. I think the same should apply to electronics myself. Next they'll be saying linux is an illegal OS because people remove Windows or whatever OS Apple uses and put it on in their place. It all comes to the same thing. An ebook file is intangible in that you can't touch it. There is no physicality to the book itself, but the reader that you read the book on has physicality. You can see and touch the device itself. And what of those people who build their own computers from parts? Are they to be rounded up and charged with a crime for having decided what they want on their computer and what they don't?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote