Thread: Overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaJean View Post
I would like a reader that can also connect to the internet, has color, and is lighted. I realize this means a Tablet might work too, and that's why I'm overwhelmed - too many choices.
As foghat said, these requirements mean tablet.

Personally, I could not stand reading a book on a backlit LCD, but YMMV.

Quote:
Also, one thing I like about my Sony is I can buy books from lots of different sites... and it seems with the Nook and Kindle you are limited to their bookstores - is that correct?
Not strictly correct. Both the Nook and Kindle are well integrated with their respective stores, but there are many sources of non-drm books for all of them.
And even if you are talking only about the handful of mass-market DRM ebook stores, the limits are not quite as limiting as some claim.
But in any case, you are talking about getting a tablet, which means you could run various reader apps on it, and buy from any of those stores.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote