View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #28
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EileenG View Post
No, I'm pretty sure they are not asking anyone else. They are going to pay the advance BEFORE I write the book, which is not something they normally do.

Considering the pulling power of this particular publisher, I'm fairly happy that there will be royalties as well, unless I write a really, really crap book.
I agree with others, this seems extremely low for a commissioned work. We offer more than that when we commission technical books. Much more if the offer is to an established author. Also I have not heard of such a short lead time - something doesn't seem kosher. Why are you certain that they are not making multiple offers?
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote