View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #52
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Just reading through this again. Does no cursor syncing mean that I have to actually search for my cursor position from the top (or bottom) of the document every time I want to switch between code/book view? Or something else?

If it's the former, as much as I like the new features of 0.6 and unless I've misunderstood this issue, I'm sticking with Sigil 0.5.3, which allows me to quickly make and check changes between views.
That's what's worrying me too. When I see a problem in Book view that requires code-level correction, I highlight the offending section and press F11. I'm immediately directed to the relevant code. I can't see much point in being taken to the PREVIOUS bit of code I'd worked on!

This wouldn't be a showstopper preventing me from using 0.6 - some of the other features seem excellent! But it would certainly seem an inconvenience.

The inline TOC feature is a nice touch. It's essential to have this when publishing on Amazon and using the "Look inside" feature. However much, or little, of the book you choose to reveal, it's surely essential to provide a Contents page as an overview. No longer having to use an external application to construct one is very helpful. The stylesheet linker will be a boon to those of us who don't ALWAYS plan ahead fully before splitting into chapters! And the hyperlink support looks very promising.

But would it be impossible to give us back positioning sync between the two views?

Last edited by exaltedwombat; 06-24-2012 at 07:05 AM.