View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Using a global.db file would probably lead to too much wearing on the SDcard. I wanted to copy the global.db file from each directory to the root so that UDS (the file viewer) could add/update thumbnail/title/author. (See also other thread.)

So next steps will be to see if writing to global.db can be skipped (this will result in more code changes).

The alternative proposal of Iņigo to write a complete new file manager is also a promising solution.
Yesterday night I was playing wth my old lua implementation of a file browser for the Iliad.
I didn't remember it... but it looks quite good, so I will port to vala and add some new features. But this will be in next weeks, first I have to finish the new DR800+, which I hope to release in a few days.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote