View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
As I understand it, the Streak version is skinned, for user-friendliness. I guess as long as they skin a version, there will be lag time.
Not sure if I want Dell being the one to skin my phone for user-friendliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Maybe Google puts out new versions to fast for them to keep up?

I mean we've had 5 versions in a year and a half...
1.1 launched in Feb. '09
1.5 (doughnut) in April '09
1.6 (cupcake) in Sept. '09
2.0/2.1 (eclair) in Oct. '09
2.2 (froyo) in May '10
3.0 (gingerbread) in Q4 2010?

I know my Hero just finally got 2.1 (released by Google in October '09) in May, but now Sprint and HTC have said no 2.2 for the Hero. The phone's not even been out a year (launched Oct. '09) and they're still selling them, but apparently can't be bothered to give it an update that sounds like it would be especially good for devices with slower processors. I'm kinda miffed.
Can you just upload/install a vanilla version of 2.2 by yourself, or do you need the Sprint specific stuff?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote