View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 05:22 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For what the majority of the people I meet are using their computers for, ChromeOS does what they want. Web browsing, email, games, using Office Online, connecting to a remote desktop session, using some Android apps, etc.

For what I do, a Chromebook would be about as useful as sandals on a guppy but that does not mean that other people are not going to happy using one.
Yeah. Many people I know don't need or use anything else than the web browser on their personal computers. They haven't installed any programs beyond those that came with the device, and probably wouldn't even know how to do that. About the only thing they customize is the wallpaper.

I couldn't live with ChromeOS even for a day, but for most people it would probably be perfectly fine.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote